Diphu (Assam): Two persons were arrested and heroin worth Rs 4 crore was seized from their possession in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Thursday, police said.
During a regular vehicle-checking drive at Laharijan, police seized 584 gm of heroin packed in 48 soap boxes from two persons travelling in a Guwahati-bound bus coming from Manipur.
The two persons hailing from Manipur were taken into custody and further investigation was underway, a police officer said.
In the district’s Khatkhati area, heroin worth Rs 10 lakh was seized last week, while the drug worth Rs 2.5 crore was seized on October 9.
Also read: Ad featuring Amir Khan has created unrest among Hindus: BJP leader
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people