Tezpur (Assam): An Afghan national has been arrested in Assam’s Biswanath district for allegedly travelling without valid documents, a police officer said on Sunday.
The person was detained when he was about to board a Lakhimpur-bound bus from Biswanath on Friday.
Though the person showed a passport and a visa, the documents were suspected to be fake ones, the police officer said.
The man had reportedly entered India on December 4, 2018, and was engaged in the garment business in different parts of the country, including Assam.
A Biswanath court on Sunday remanded him to judicial custody.
- Swedes elect 1st female PM for the 2nd time in a week
- Experts say new Covid variant stokes concern but vaccines still important
- More omicron cases pop up as world rushes to learn more
- New tourism policy to cater to post-COVID visitors: Ministry
- Can AI help in stopping the spread of fake news? May be not
- WHO eyes pandemic preparation as new variant emerges