Tezpur (Assam): An Afghan national has been arrested in Assam’s Biswanath district for allegedly travelling without valid documents, a police officer said on Sunday.
The person was detained when he was about to board a Lakhimpur-bound bus from Biswanath on Friday.
Though the person showed a passport and a visa, the documents were suspected to be fake ones, the police officer said.
The man had reportedly entered India on December 4, 2018, and was engaged in the garment business in different parts of the country, including Assam.
A Biswanath court on Sunday remanded him to judicial custody.
- Arunachal: Two minors killed after being hit by pick-up truck
- India, UK scientists develop smart contact lens’ to detect eye infections
- Western leaders are divided over the future of relations with China
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Round of 16 games, schedule today, Dec 3
- SC directs Centre, states to file responses on uniform healthcare standard
- Big efforts being made to cut wait time for issuance of visa in India: US