Guwahati: Assam reported 269 new COVID-19 cases, pushing the tally to 6,06,263 on Saturday, a National Health Mission bulletin said.
Five new COVID-19 fatalities pushed the death toll to 5,944, it said. Two fatalities were reported from Bongaigaon and one each from Dhemaji, Golaghat and Nalbari districts, it said.
The 269 new cases detected during the day, include 61 from Kamrup Metro, 33 from Barpeta, 27 from Jorhat and 20 from Golaghat district.
The new cases were detected out of 32,791 tests conducted on Saturday with the daily positivity rate at 0.82 per cent against Friday’s 0.93 per cent, while the cumulative tests conducted in the state so far is 2,41,42,328.
Assam currently has 2,135 active COVID-19 cases, it said.
The total number of COVID-19 recoveries rose to 5,96,837 as 290 patients were discharged during the day. The current COVID-19 recovery rate is 98.45 per cent.
The cumulative total beneficiaries vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccine in the state so far is 2,63,68,655, of which 1,97,11,817 have received the first dose and 65,56,838 both doses.
- Need for int’l cooperation to achieve universal access to clean energy: Pralhad Joshi
- What you need to know before taking vitamins and supplements
- Govt blocks 232 foreign apps, including Chinese for gambling, money laundering
- ChatGPT is great. You’re just using it wrong
- British PM Rishi Sunak joined UK-India NSA meeting
- Govt hikes windfall tax on crude oil, export of diesel, ATF