Guwahati: Despite regulations in place for safety of citizens and to curb the spread of the virus, Assam reported 541 accidents, the state emergency services reported.
Kamrup Rural reported 49 accidents, followed by 48 in Golaghat district. Both Sonitpur and Tinsukia districts recorded 32 accidents each.
Kamrup Metro reported 8 accidents in the last 5 days of Durga Puja celebrations.
The majority of the accidents—137—were reported on October 14, the day of Navami celebrations. The following is data of accidents that emergency services catered to between October 11 and 15.
“These are the cases that our emergency services catered to in entire Assam,” Dhurjyoti Prasad, a 108 emergency response service spokesperson informed EastMojo.
When asked if he observed a rising trend in number of cases reported in comparison to last year or other days, the official said “Last year there were no Durga Puja celebrations so there were no major accidents as such. In normal days, we cater to about 70 to 80 accidents per day but these days it has gone up to hundred on some days.”
Also read: Assam: 1 dead, 50 ill due to suspected food poisoning in Karbi Anglong
- Taxis, buses to go ‘odd-even’ way in Shillong’s Khyndailad area
- World’s first 3D printed temple to come up in Telangana
- Manipur situation ‘explosive’; govt responsible for ‘mayhem’: Moily
- India will not fence cheetah habitats: Govt panel chief
- Arunachal Guv urges people to adopt environment-friendly practices
- How the 2022 Tonga volcano caused ‘super bubble’ in Earth’s ionosphere