Guwahati: Despite regulations in place for safety of citizens and to curb the spread of the virus, Assam reported 541 accidents, the state emergency services reported.
Kamrup Rural reported 49 accidents, followed by 48 in Golaghat district. Both Sonitpur and Tinsukia districts recorded 32 accidents each.
Kamrup Metro reported 8 accidents in the last 5 days of Durga Puja celebrations.
The majority of the accidents—137—were reported on October 14, the day of Navami celebrations. The following is data of accidents that emergency services catered to between October 11 and 15.
“These are the cases that our emergency services catered to in entire Assam,” Dhurjyoti Prasad, a 108 emergency response service spokesperson informed EastMojo.
When asked if he observed a rising trend in number of cases reported in comparison to last year or other days, the official said “Last year there were no Durga Puja celebrations so there were no major accidents as such. In normal days, we cater to about 70 to 80 accidents per day but these days it has gone up to hundred on some days.”
- Driver, helper killed as truck falls into roadside ditch in Bengal
- NIA arrests trafficker in West Bengal fake currency notes case
- Gavaskar wants Rishabh Pant to succeed Kohli as Test skipper
- Maharashtra: 4 held for shooting dead doctor in Yavatmal
- Australia beats England by 146 runs, completes 4-0 Ashes win
- COVID-19: India’s R value drops to 2.2 between January 7 and 13