Diphu (Assam): An 8-year-old girl died and over 50 others were taken ill due to suspected food poisoning in Arlangpira village in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district, an official said on Friday.
All of them had attended a religious function at the house of a villager, where they were served tea and biscuits, he said.
The attendees soon started complaining of stomach ache, vomiting and diarrhoea-like symptoms, following which they were taken to Bokajan Civil Hospital, where the minor girl died, the official said.
Local authorities visited the village and assured an enquiry into the incident, he added.
Also read: Dravid ‘The Wall’ returns: Team India in best hands say fans
- 50pc of respiratory infection cases in hospitals are of H3N2: Govt
- Here’s how ‘revenge spenders’ may be fuelling inflation
- Air pollution can increase the risk of COVID infection and severe disease
- For rescued rhino calves in Nepal, return to the wild is a fraught option
- Here’s how frozen, tinned foods can be as nutritious as fresh produce
- The urban jungle needs more trees