Nagaon (Assam): A 45-year-old woman has been killed in an elephant attack in Assam‘s Hojai district, police said on Friday.
A wild elephant attacked the woman, identified as Chinu Debnath, while she was doing household chores in Derapathar village in Kaki police station area on Thursday and killed her on the spot, an officer said.
The body was sent to Nagaon Civil Hospital for post-mortem examination, he said.
- Teak worth Rs 1 cr from Guwahati seized in NJP, two arrested
- IAF’s Sukhoi, Mirage aircraft crash in MP’s Morena; one pilot killed
- Assam: Police seize Yaba tablets worth Rs 1 crore in Karimganj, launch probe
- Inclusion of villages in Bodoland divides people, non-Bodos protest
- Recycled and uninspiring: Why ‘Pathaan’ is a yawn fest
- Shringla on Aizawl visit to review preparedness for G20 meeting