Guwahati: Assam registered 175 new Covid-19 cases on Wednesday, 51 less than the previous day, taking the tally to 6,05,640, according to a bulletin of the National Health Mission, Assam.
Two more fatalities took the death toll to 5936. The state had on Tuesday reported three coronavirus deaths.
The number of COVID-19 positive patients dying due to other causes remains unchanged at 1,347.
Assam currently has 2,456 active cases.
The 175 new cases include 82 from Kamrup Metro and 17 from Barpeta districts.
The fresh positive cases were detected out of 20,653 tests done on Wednesday. The total number of tests conducted in the state so far is 2,40,80,184, the NHM said.
Altogether 381 recovered patients were discharged from hospitals during the day, with total recoveries rising to 5,99,901. The current recovery rate is 98.39 per cent.
The total number of people who have been administered COVID-19 vaccines in the state so far is 2,61,99,778. Of them, 65,06,117 people have received the second dose.
- 139 children among 547 new COVID-19 cases in Mizoram
- Taiwan defence minister says island must defend itself
- Nine killed as bus falls into gorge in J-K’s Doda district
- Nagaland Lottery October 28: Check Dear Padma Morning lottery result
- Meghalaya: 4 held after post campaign clash between NPP, Congress cadre
- Windies, Bangladesh face must-win situation against each other in T20 WC