Guwahati: The number of fresh COVID-19 cases and deaths in Assam came down on Tuesday compared to the previous day, a National Health Mission Bulletin said.
As many as 226 new cases were detected on Tuesday, which was 44 less than the previous day.
Of the fresh cases, Kamrup Metropolitan reported the highest at 76, followed by Jorhat (20), Sonitpur (17) and Barpeta (14).
Altogether three COVID-19 deaths were registered in the state during the day, taking the total death toll to 5,934.
The death toll decreased by two compared to Monday.
The number of COVID-19 patients dying due to other reasons remained at 1,347, the bulletin said.
The coronavirus caseload in Assam is now 6,05,465.
Altogether 28,954 samples were tested for COVID-19 during the day, taking the cumulative number of tests to 2,40,59,531.
As many as 206 patients were discharged on Tuesday, taking the number of recovered patients to 5,95,520 with a recovery rate of 98.36 per cent.
The number of active cases in the state is currently 2,664.
Over 1.96 crore people have received the first dose of vaccine and 65 lakh have been fully vaccinated in Assam.
- Maha: Man held for duping shopkeepers by calling in woman’s voice
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters
- Bar Himanta from by-poll campaign: Cong leader writes to poll panel