Guwahati: The Assam Congress on Tuesday announced the names of three candidates for by-polls to three assembly constituencies on October 30.
Assam Pradesh Congress Committee vice-president Dijen Sarma named party leader Jowel Tudu for the Gossaigaon seat, Bhaskar Dahal for Tamulpur and Monoranjan Konwar for Thowra.
The list of names was approved by Congress president Sonia Gandhi, an APCC release said.
The by-polls in Gossaigaon and Tamulpur have been necessitated due to the death of sitting MLAs, while the incumbent at Thowra resigned from his seat to join the ruling BJP.
Also read | BJP names three candidates for Assam by-polls
- World Sports Journalist Day 2022: History, significance and more
- On World UFO Day, a look at UFO ‘sightings’ in Northeast
- From Greenland shark to seafaring cockatoo: Meet 5 remarkably old animals
- Pak steeply hikes petrol prices under deal with IMF to revive bailout programme
- Meghalaya: Deputy CM meets protesting teachers, assures support
- Murmu has better chances to win prez polls after Maha development: Mamata