Pratyasha Rana, a stand-up comedian based out of Guwahati, is seen on MTV’s Center Fruit Comedy Base Camp, a talent hunt for the world’s highest-ever comedy show. The show is hosted by the quick-witted Cyrus Broacha and is judged by a line-up of renowned comedians.
The first female comedian from Assam, Pratyasha is a full-time copywriter and has been pursuing comedy on the side for the last 2.5 years. Her comedy touches upon issues such as body positivity, gender inequality, breaking societal norms and so on. Her sets and refreshing sense of humour is inspired by day to day experiences which women of today can surely relate to.
Speaking about her experience at the show, Pratyasha said, “It was my first time on a reality show. Even though I have recorded many sets before, this felt surreal. I was quite nervous but seeing my childhood heroes Cyrus Broacha, and Anu Menon at an arm’s length was very warm and welcoming. I am delighted to have represented Assam on national TV.”
The comedy scene in India is seen to be growing tremendously. However, there is still scope for more, especially when it comes to female comedians. Talent shows such as the MTV Comedy Base Camp are a platform to recognize and provide a platform to hidden talents such as Pratyasha and more.
She will be featured at 6:30 pm Friday on MTV. You can find the trailer here.
- Meghalaya: Impose Prez rule if govt’s ‘irresponsible’ act stays, says MLA Lyngdoh
- Mizoram shelters 293 Kuki-Chin refugees who fled Bangladesh clashes
- Terrorism thrived under Cong rule due to appeasement politics: Assam CM
- US brand Salon Azure opens first outlet in Guwahati
- India most favoured destination globally for investments: Vice President Dhankhar
- Meghalaya to set up border posts at sensitive areas: CM Conrad