Guwahati: Three boys drowned in the Brahmaputra river near Pandu Ghat in Guwahati on Sunday, a police officer said.
The boys, aged 14-15, went for a swim in the river while returning from their tuition classes, he said.
There were four boys in all, three bodies were recovered and a search is on for the fourth boy, the officer said.
“The boys had shot pictures and videos on their mobile phones at the ghat before getting down. They had kept their belongings at the ghat,” the officer said.
A post-mortem will be conducted on the recovered bodies though preliminary findings indicate drowning, the officer said.
Also read | Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence
- Blackpink member Jisoo tests COVID-19 positive, to miss [BORN PINK] World Tour shows in Japan
- India committed to enhancing ties with Nepal: President Murmu
- Assam: Tezpur Univ to host conference on India’s rich heritage
- Naga club vandalism: NSF directs members to hoist black flags
- Northeast Startup Festival held in Singapore
- UPSC offers alternative centres to Manipur candidates to appear for test