Guwahati: Assam’s COVID-19 tally crossed the 6 lakh-mark on Friday as the state reported 406 new cases, as per an official bulletin.
The state has so far reported 6,00,048 cases.
Seven more people died in the state during the day, taking the toll to 5,834.
One death each was reported from Darrang, Golaghat, Jorhat, Kamrup Metropolitan, Kamrup Rural, Nalbari and Sivasagar districts, the bulletin said.
Kamrup Metropolitan reported the highest number of new cases at 122.
The new cases were detected after testing 61,092 samples, registering a positivity rate of 0.66 per cent.
There are 3,309 active cases in the state at present.
During the day, 429 patients recovered, taking the total recoveries to 5,89,558.
Also read: Birajit Sinha is new Tripura Congress chief
- Omicron was in Netherlands days earlier than first thought
- Jorhat mob lynching case: Prime accused Neeraj Das dies in accident
- Man, wanted in murder case, shot dead in gunfight with Assam Police
- Mizoram CM meets PM Modi, discusses chief secy, Myanmar refugees
- World AIDS Day 2021: Messages to raise awareness
- RRAG urges repeal of CAA, calls for enactment of refugee law