Guwahati: Assam registered four Covid-19 deaths on Wednesday, two less than Tuesday’s six, taking the total number of fatalities due to the disease to 5817, according to the bulletin of the National Health Mission, Assam.
The state also registered 407 fresh coronavirus cases, as against the previous day’s 441, pushing the caseload to 5,99,271, it said.
Assam currently has 3533 active cases.
The current death rate is 0.97 per cent and the number of Covid positive patients dying due to other causes is 1,347.
Kamrup (Metro), Lakhimpur, Nagaon and Sonitpur districts reported one death each during the day.
Of the 407 new cases detected during the day, 93 were from Kamrup Metro, followed by 39 from Golaghat and 34 each from Darrang and Jorhat, the bulletin said.
The new cases were detected out of 61,076 tests while the cumulative tests conducted in the state so far reached 2,31,51,046.
The number of recoveries during the day is 604, taking the total number of cured people to 5,88,574. The current recovery rate is 98.21 per cent.
The total number of people vaccinated during the day declined to 1,57,048 from the previous day’s 2,77,806.
Altogether 2,27,37,292 people were inoculated with at least one dose of the vaccine against Covid-19.
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle
- Mizoram: 808 grams of Heroin seized, one arrested
- China always provoking its neighbours, doesn’t trust anyone: Exiled Tibetan leader
- Continuous clashes in Myanmar pushing more refugees into Mizoram
- Five Myanmar nationals detained in Cachar for illegally entering Assam
- Second key suspect behind violence against Hindus arrested by Bangladesh police