Diphu/Guwahati: Police have seized 412 kilograms of heroin, estimated to be valued at Rs 3.5 crore in the international market, and arrested two persons in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Monday for possessing the contraband, an official said.
Acting on information, the police stopped a vehicle coming from Manipur at Laharijan check post under Bokajan police station and seized the drug hidden in 30 boxes of soap.
Two occupants of the vehicle, who were taking the heroin to Guwahati from Manipur, were arrested, the official said.
In another incident, three persons were arrested from Guwahati on the charge of illegally transporting betel nuts from Meghalaya to Barpeta in Assam.
Police also seized their vehicle laden with betel nuts at Garchuk in Guwahati.
- IIT-Guwahati shares energy efficient cookstoves tech with industry partner
- Maha: Man held for duping shopkeepers by calling in woman’s voice
- Mizoram: 40,000 kg Areca nuts worth Rs 1.56 crore recovered
- BJP workers attacking Raijor Dal workers: Akhil Gogoi
- Vincent Pala’s statement on jhum cultivation not based on facts: NESFAS
- Denmark Open: PV Sindhu loses in quarters