Diphu/Guwahati: Police have seized 412 kilograms of heroin, estimated to be valued at Rs 3.5 crore in the international market, and arrested two persons in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Monday for possessing the contraband, an official said.
Acting on information, the police stopped a vehicle coming from Manipur at Laharijan check post under Bokajan police station and seized the drug hidden in 30 boxes of soap.
Two occupants of the vehicle, who were taking the heroin to Guwahati from Manipur, were arrested, the official said.
In another incident, three persons were arrested from Guwahati on the charge of illegally transporting betel nuts from Meghalaya to Barpeta in Assam.
Police also seized their vehicle laden with betel nuts at Garchuk in Guwahati.
- Manipur: Heroic homecoming for footballer Dangmei Grace at Imphal Airport
- Hornbill Festival 2022: WW-II peace rally, cultural shows, Naga chef, and much more
- Mizoram: Assam man’s body found after 18 days of stone quarry incident
- Tripura CM says he is running short of time to inaugurate new projects
- Satra land encroachment: Commission report shows Barpeta worst affected
- Tripura targets to procure 35,000 MT of paddy in 2022-23: Minister