A Forest Guard posted at Kaziranga National Park‘s Daflong camp died of a bullet injury on Saturday. Prabin Saikia died around 7.45 pm on Saturday under Bagori range of the National Park while he was with two other officials. An FIR was lodged by officials and the police has started investigating the matter.
“The unfortunate incident happened yesterday when he and two other home guards stayed in Daflong camp under Bagori Range,” a Kaziranga National Park official told EastMojo.
“In preliminary investigation it reveals that he was died due to bullet injury suspected to of his own allotted arms. It is suspected to be a suicide. The police has taken up the case and investigation is on,” the official added.
Prior to his death, Saikia served with Kaziranga National Park as a forest Guard for over 33 years.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900