Tinsukia: The principal of Assam Medical College and Hospital, Doctor Sanjib Kakoti, has been shifted to Guwahati Medical College and Hospital in Guwahati, a day after he was admitted in the Covid ICU here in Dibrugarh.
Kakotiy tested positive for Covid-19 four days ago.
Confirming the development, AMCH superintendent Doctor Prasanta Dihingia said, “Doctor Kakoti has been shifted to GMCH in an air ambulance today morning. This step has been taken after his health deteriorated. He is facing severe problem in breathing, besides he has thyroid and high blood pressure.”
Sources said Guwahati Police created a green corridor to ensure that the ambulance carrying Doctor Kakoti reaches the airport in minimum time.
Earlier on Friday, Agricultural Minister Atul Bora had visited AMCH and enquired about Doctor Kakoti’s health.
Also read: BJP backstabbed Hindus: Hindu Maha Sabha
- Prince Charles warns of narrow window to face climate change
- PM Modi meets Indian COVID vaccine manufacturers; CEOs say his leadership key force in vaccination drive
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray, mother test positive for COVID-19
- China attempting to reduce India’s influence in Mynmar, SEA: CDS General Rawat
- Arunachal searching for unsung heroes of India’s freedom struggle
- Mizoram: 808 grams of Heroin seized, one arrested