The Commissionerate of Panchayat and Rural Development (P&RD) department has appealed to DCs of various districts in Assam to allocate land to those in need, so that they may be covered under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin (PMAY-G).
Till the end of June 2021, Assam had close to 8 lakh beneficiaries under the scheme and houses for over 4 lakh beneficiaries were completed. Close to 3 lakh houses are currently under construction and 76,119 houses have been sanctioned so far.
The scheme aims to provide landless citizens a safe haven and roofs over their head. A house under the scheme would need at least 10 lessas of land.
Union Minister for Housing & Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri, on Saturday announced via Twitter that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate 1.75 lakh houses built under PMAY-G, on September 12.
The PMAY-G is a flagship scheme of the Union government and its objective is to provide housing for all by 2022.
- Bengal logs 746 new COVID cases, 12 more fatalities
- Modi meets leading American CEOs; encourages them to invest in India
- Union minister lauds Arunachal’s wildlife conservation effort
- NIT Meghalaya to confer honorary doctorate on Shillong Chamber Choir founder Neil Nongkynrih
- Assam reports 371 new COVID cases, 10 more fatalities
- Nagaland to cover 70pc of targeted families under Ayushman Bharat by March 2022