Four youths were arrested by the police on the charge of forging Assam CM Himanta Biswa Sarma’s signature. They had planned the act to bag a Rs 3 crore government contract under the Jal Jeevan Mission of Assam Government.
The culprits arrested were identified as Pankaj Gogoi, Deepjyoti Dutta, Yemini Mohan and Binit Poddar. The mastermind behind the fraud, Imran Shah is absconding, according to the police.
Deepjyoti Dutta also reportedly told media persons that they had forged Assam CM’s signature to receive work order for the government project, to siphon off funds.
All four arrested were caught by the Dispur police in Demow on Wednesday night. A detailed investigation is being carried out by the Dispur police.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art