The book has been authored by researchers Hussain A. Barbhuiya, Durgesh Verma, Santanu Dey and C.K. Salunkhe.
“For each species, taxonomic citation followed by details on phenology, habitat, regional and global distribution and regional conservation status has been provided in this book,” a spokesperson from Balipara Foundation told EastMojo.
The book will provide a complete and comprehensive account of the orchid flora of Assam based on extensive field survey. The researchers have studied 469 species, 3 subspecies and 5 different varieties of Orchids for this book.
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case
- Kanhaiya Kumar joins Congress
- Carelessness? 30 test COVID-19 positive at Sikkim nursing college
- Tripura govt issues guidelines for Durga Puja celebrations