The book has been authored by researchers Hussain A. Barbhuiya, Durgesh Verma, Santanu Dey and C.K. Salunkhe.
“For each species, taxonomic citation followed by details on phenology, habitat, regional and global distribution and regional conservation status has been provided in this book,” a spokesperson from Balipara Foundation told EastMojo.
The book will provide a complete and comprehensive account of the orchid flora of Assam based on extensive field survey. The researchers have studied 469 species, 3 subspecies and 5 different varieties of Orchids for this book.
- Pradyot explains why Tripura needs a ‘constitutional solution’
- What do people think about when they go to sleep?
- Mizoram: 3 arrested in Champhai for posing as intelligence officials
- Arunachal: Active NSCN-K cadre surrenders in Changlang
- Tripura CM urges students to be watchful allies of the police
- Brutal assault on Naga woman in Ahmedabad spa sparks outrage