Tezpur,(Assam): A doctor of Tezpur Medical College and Hospital (TMCH) in Assam was suspended on Monday for allegedly misbehaving with women interns, officials said.
Taking to Twitter, a woman intern of the health facility had written to Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, alleging that the doctor had misbehaved with her and other female colleagues during duty hours, following which the state police was asked to inquire into the incident, Sonitpur SP Dr Dhananjay P Ghanwat said.
TMCH authorities were also directed to suspend the medical practitioner, an official of the health facility said.
“The doctor has been suspended, and we have informed the district administration about the move,” TMCH Principal Dr Karuna Hazarika said.
The police is probing into the allegations, Ghanwat added.
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case
- Kanhaiya Kumar joins Congress
- Carelessness? 30 test COVID-19 positive at Sikkim nursing college