Diphu (Assam), Sep 5: One person was arrested on Sunday in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district for possessing heroin worth around Rs 8 crore, a police officer said.
Acting on a tip off, a police team, led by Bokajan sub-divisional police officer Jon Das, launched a search operation at Balijan Forest Gate Tiniali around 6.30 am, and intercepted an autorickshaw bearing Nagaland registration.
One kg of heroin packed into 78 soap cases were found stacked inside the vehicle, Das said.
A person, hailing from Morigaon district of Assam, was arrested along with the contraband drugs, he added.
- First Sylhet-Silchar fest marking Indo-Bangla cultural ties begins Friday
- Why Bollywood is lining up to shoot its films in the Northeast
- How Tripura’s toxic sewage is raising a stench in Bangladesh
- India will resume work in at least 20 stalled projects in Afghanistan: Taliban
- President Murmu extends best wishes to team India for successful G20 presidency
- Manipur: UFC Gym India opens newest club in Imphal