In a tragic incident, Kaustav Paul, a 25-year old resident of Bangalore, slipped and fell into the Jia Bharali River on August 29 and has since been missing.
Kaustav, who hails from Assam’s Lumding district, was on a visit to Bhalukpong in Arunacha’s West Kameng with his brother and 3 friends. He slipped into the Jia Bharali river when 5 of them were standing on the banks watching the river.
“There is no proper bank as such, the river there was 15-20 feet deep, and he slipped and fell into the river,” said Arnav Paul, also a resident of Bangalore and Kaustav’s brother who had accompanied him on the trip.
“We have filed an FIR with the Chariduar Police Station, and both the NDRF and SDRF teams are helping us find him,” said Arnav, who is being helped by the authorities to find his brother. Rescue teams were scouting the area in search of him at the time of filing this story.
Meanwhile, Kaustav’s friends and well-wishers shared his missing poster appealing to citizens to call and inform them if he is found by anyone. Hundreds of people are sharing the news of him missing on Twitter and other social media and asking the state administration to help them locate Kaustav at the earliest.
Also Read: Mizoram: Two medical students drown in river
Further details on the case are awaited.
- Arunachal CM urges people to stop migrating from border areas
- ‘The Kashmir Files’ vulgar, propaganda movie: IFFI jury head at closing ceremony
- BSF shoots down drone along India-Pak border in Amritsar
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 29 November, 2022
- Opposition SDF launches ‘Sikkim Bachao Abhiyan’
- Vice President Dhankhar to visit Tripura, Kolkata on Tuesday