A 14-year-old girl was brutally murdered at her residence in Guwahati’s Kharghuli on Wednesday. The girl was attacked when her parents weren’t home and her body was found blood-soaked by her aunt.
The girl, a student of Angel of God School, was hit with a pressure cooker and her head was smashed with a grinding mortar several times, apart from her getting stabbed by the attack about 12 times.
Investigating officer Rajveer and Guwahati police commissioner Harmeet Singh reached the crime spot soon after the girl’s body was recovered and have started a detailed probe into the incident.
“She was murdered at 11 am in her house, and we are investigating the matter,” Rajveer, DCP Central, Guwahati Police, who is an investigating officer in the case, told EastMojo. “The family has filed an FIR,” he added.
On being asked whether the perpetrator of the crime was also a minor, he said that the same could not be confirmed yet as they have not found any such evidence.
Another police personnel from the Latasil also told EastMojo that the girl’s father filed an FIR with the Latasil Police Station.
- Mizoram: BJP to form next govt in Mara Autonomous Council
- Arunachal CM exhorts people to perform fundamental duties
- Tripura BJP launches ‘Har Ghar BJP’ outreach programme before polls
- Contribution of women members of Constituent Assembly rarely discussed: PM Modi
- Maha CM, ministers visit Guwahati to pay obeisance to Goddess Kamakhya
- Mizoram: More Kuki-Chin refugees arrive from Bangladesh