Guwahati: Rajya Sabha MP Ripun Bora on Tuesday handed over medical equipment like ICU beds and ventilators worth Rs 2.5 crore to Tezpur Medical College and Hospital from his Member of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) fund.
Bora said the equipment will be helpful for COVID-19 and other patients of at least six districts – Darrang, Sonitpur, Biswanath, Lakhimpur, Dhemaji and Nagaon – who get treated at the medical college.
The items which were donated include ICU beds, ventilators, oxygen concentrators with SpO2 monitoring, inbuilt nebulisers, mattresses, multi-para monitors, wheelchairs and trolley stretchers.
The equipment worth Rs 2.5 crore was given from the MPLAD fund, Bora said. The six districts have reported many COVID-19 cases in recent months.
- Kerala to open digital de-addiction centres for children addicted to online games
- APDCL cash-for-job scam: OSD among 11 people arrested
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 25
- Shillong Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 25
- UPSC 2020: Two from Sikkim clear exam, make state proud
- US: ‘Unwavering commitment’ to India as Major defence partner