Guwahati: Rajya Sabha MP Ripun Bora on Tuesday handed over medical equipment like ICU beds and ventilators worth Rs 2.5 crore to Tezpur Medical College and Hospital from his Member of Parliament Local Area Development (MPLAD) fund.
Bora said the equipment will be helpful for COVID-19 and other patients of at least six districts – Darrang, Sonitpur, Biswanath, Lakhimpur, Dhemaji and Nagaon – who get treated at the medical college.
The items which were donated include ICU beds, ventilators, oxygen concentrators with SpO2 monitoring, inbuilt nebulisers, mattresses, multi-para monitors, wheelchairs and trolley stretchers.
The equipment worth Rs 2.5 crore was given from the MPLAD fund, Bora said. The six districts have reported many COVID-19 cases in recent months.
- What happens if you need to pee while you’re asleep?
- Drivers in Mizoram repair dilapidated roads
- Keeping your cool in a warming world: 8 steps to help manage eco-anxiety
- Assam: RGU celebrates International Peace Day
- Meghalaya: Drugs worth Rs 2 crore seized in Shillong
- Ziro Festival to host Israeli musicians in collaboration with Embassy of Israel