The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) issued a revised directive on September 1, 2021, for both rural and urban areas which will remain in force with effect from 11 AM of September 1, 2021, until further orders.
The salient features of today’s order are as follows:
- Night curfew time will be from 9 PM to 5 AM across the state.
- Accordingly, all workplaces (Government & private offices/establishment) will function as per usual working hours but not beyond 8 PM.
- All business/commercial establishments, dine-in restaurants, hotels, resorts, dhabas and other eateries, the takeaway of food items from restaurants/dhabas and other eateries, the opening of Sale counters, showrooms etc. of cold storages and warehouses, shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will be open up to 8 PM across the state.
- Pillion riding on motorcycles shall be allowed with at least single vaccinated persons and compulsory wearing of a mask.
- Intra-district transport with 100% seating capacity shall be allowed for passengers having at least a single dose of vaccine. No standing passenger shall be allowed. For standing passengers, a heavy fine will be imposed and the driving license of drivers/registration of vehicles carrying standing passengers will be cancelled.
- Inter-district passenger transport with 100% seating capacity shall be allowed for passengers having at least a single dose of vaccine. No standing passengers shall be allowed. For standing passengers, a heavy fine will be imposed and the driving license of drivers/registration of vehicles carrying standing passengers will be cancelled.
- The physical classes for the postgraduate, graduate, higher secondary, final year, GNM/Nursing canines and that of technical institutions shall be allowed for students having at least a single-dose vaccine. Before the start of physical classes, there will be a 3 Any vaccination drive for students, faculty and staff.
- The hostels of the educational institutions are allowed to open only for the postgraduate, graduate and higher secondary final year students with fully vaccinated residents.
- Meeting/gathering at any open or closed spaces is allowed up to 50 single-dose vaccinated persons with prior intimation to local police. However, with the prior permission of jurisdictional DC for maximum gathering up to 200 persons (at least single vaccinated) may be allowed both for public and private functions which will also be applicable for closed spaces subject to a ceiling of 50% of the hall capacity.
- Public gatherings are allowed up to 50 single vaccinated persons for marriages/funerals/last site programmes.
- Religious places are allowed to open with up to 40 single vaccinated persons for iconic places and 20 single vaccinated persons per hour for other religious places.
- Cinema/Theatre Hall shall continue to remain closed till the next review.
- Active cases dip below 1 pc of Arunachal’s COVID-19 tally
- Sikkim: Passang Tamang wins Arithang by-polls
- Assam: Forest Guard dies of bullet injury in Kaziranga
- Second edition of Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition on Sept 24
- Foreign tourists may be allowed to visit India soon
- New Songs Sunday: A brief recap of this week’s releases