Nagaon: Two girls were rescued by the police in Assam’s Hojai district, officials said on Friday.
On being informed that a 16-year-old girl was married to a man, the district Childline along with police conducted a special operation on Thursday evening and rescued the girl, they said.
The man, however, managed to escape and a search operation was launched to nab him, they added.
In another incident, a girl was brought here by a man from Dimapur in Nagaland, officials said.
She was also rescued in an operation by the Childline and the police.
The man, who is alleged to have married two more girls, gave the police a slip and a search is on to arrest him, officials said.
The two rescued girls were sent to the Hojai Child Welfare Centre after their medical examination, they said.
- Arunachal Guv asks village headmen to encourage people for vaccination
- Assam considering local procurement of food grains under schemes
- Single-day recoveries surpass fresh COVID-19 cases in Nagaland
- 3 boys drown in Brahmaputra in Guwahati
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh