Tinsukia: Playing the role of a true guardian of society, the Sadiya police tracked a man to Bhupen Hazarika Setu, also known as Dhola-Sadiya Bridge, in Assam‘s Tinsukia district before he could end his life, and saved him from taking the extreme step.
The man, who is in his 30s, posted a live video over his suicide attempt on his Facebook page as he was severely depressed due to a property dispute with his elder brother.
Speaking with EastMojo, Sadiya SP Mohan Meena said, “The timely alert of the Facebook live video by a resident helped the police save a precious life.”
Acccording to Meena, SI Mamu Marak received the link to a Facebook live video about a suicide attempt by a youth from Bhupen Hazarika Setu (Dhola-Sadiya Bridge). The input was immediately disseminated to patrolling vehicles near the bridge, he added.
The police managed to track and foil the suicide attempt and counseled the youth after reaching the spot , said Meena.
“The youth was depressed over some property dispute with his elder brother and hence decided to take the extreme step,” Meena said.
“The police counselled him in the presence of his family members before releasing him,” he added.
- Ritu Kumar expands retail footprint with new store in Guwahati
- Assam Rifles seize 240 bags of areca nuts worth over 46 lakh
- Sipajhar eviction drive: Police arrest photographer in video
- Assam is on state-sponsored fire: Rahul Gandhi on Sipajhar
- Sikkim reports 62 new COVID-19 cases, one more fatality
- Vaccine at home for differently-abled, people with restricted mobility: Govt