Tinsukia: Playing the role of a true guardian of society, the Sadiya police tracked a man to Bhupen Hazarika Setu, also known as Dhola-Sadiya Bridge, in Assam‘s Tinsukia district before he could end his life, and saved him from taking the extreme step.
The man, who is in his 30s, posted a live video over his suicide attempt on his Facebook page as he was severely depressed due to a property dispute with his elder brother.
Speaking with EastMojo, Sadiya SP Mohan Meena said, “The timely alert of the Facebook live video by a resident helped the police save a precious life.”
Acccording to Meena, SI Mamu Marak received the link to a Facebook live video about a suicide attempt by a youth from Bhupen Hazarika Setu (Dhola-Sadiya Bridge). The input was immediately disseminated to patrolling vehicles near the bridge, he added.
Also read | Assam: Physical classes for students of higher secondary, PG courses to start from September
The police managed to track and foil the suicide attempt and counseled the youth after reaching the spot , said Meena.
“The youth was depressed over some property dispute with his elder brother and hence decided to take the extreme step,” Meena said.
“The police counselled him in the presence of his family members before releasing him,” he added.
- Meghalaya: NEHU holds alternate programmes for entrepreneurs
- Time for India to look at manufacturing of aerospace products in India: Scindia
- Documentary on India’s Covid-19 vaccine journey to air on History TV18
- New NEP accepted by all, country working to implement it: Amit Shah
- Pro-Khalistani protesters attack Indian Consulate in San Francisco
- I cannot be intimidated by police, cases: Rahul Gandhi