Diphu: Four persons were apprehended with a large number of arms and ammunition in Assam’s Karbi Anglong district on Friday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of the police and Assam Rifles launched an operation in Gharialdubi in the Bokajan police station area, Superintendent of Police Pushpraj Singh said.
The security forces seized a .22 rifle, a 9 mm pistol, two .22 pistols, a Chinese grenade, a country-made grenade and several rounds of ammunition, besides magazines.
The four apprehended were identified as Raju Ghatowar, Krishna Orang, Lokesh Kangari and Robert, Singh said.
Investigations were on to ascertain whether they were part of any militant group, Singh added.
- Assam: This social entrepreneur is building communities with tea and art
- Nepal: PM Deuba vows to protect, implement statute on Constitution Day
- Taliban-run Kabul municipality to female workers: Stay home
- WhileWeWonder: The duo speak about Xewali and their musical journey
- Girish And The Chronicles signs with Italian label Frontiers Music
- Backdoor entry in colleges should stop: Delhi High Court