Silchar (Assam): A 63-year-old man was arrested for allegedly molesting a minor girl in Cachar district of Assam, police said on Wednesday.
The accused had been engaged as the 9-year-old girl’s music teacher, they said.
The incident that took place at Rongpur area of Silchar town came to light when her mother lodged an FIR.
“Family members of the girl approached the man, after the minor complained of pain in the pelvic area and did not wish to attend the music classes. The accused admitted to committing the crime,” a police officer said.
Her mother also alleged that the man had offered money for not reporting the incident, he said.
Rongpur Police Post In-Charge B Borgohain said the accused was arrested and produced before a local court.
- How did Meghalaya become an abode of blunders?
- Assam Bhavan to come up in Maha, announces CM Shinde; Sena MP Sanjay Raut says it already exists
- P T Usha throws her hat into IOA ring, to fight for president’s post
- Earth observation satellite in orbit, ISRO terms mission ‘unique’
- Assam lifts travel restrictions to Meghalaya, six days after border violence
- Manipur IRB jawan on Gujarat poll duty shoots dead 2 colleagues