The Entrepreneurship and Technology Business Incubation cell of Assam down town University (AdtU), down town Venture Labs (dtVL) and Atal Incubation Centre (AIC) Selco Foundation signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on August 25, 2021, on building a congenial startup ecosystem for grassroots innovators and entrepreneurs in Northeast India.
The MoU was signed by the Chief Executive Officers of down town Venture Labs and AIC Selco Foundation, Kamruddin Ahmed and Sanjiv Aundhe, and attended by Professor Dharmeswar Das, Chairman of the AdtU research wing.
The objective of the MoU is to contribute to the innovation and entrepreneurship space by working closely with innovators and entrepreneurs in the domain of sustainable energy and sectors influencing rural livelihood in the northeastern region.
Speaking on the occasion, Professor Dharmeswar Das stressed on tapping the internal pool of resources, i.e. students and faculties in academic institutions, towards driving social innovations and entrepreneurship in rural India. The professor also emphasised on the convergence of industry academia and sustainability of startup enterprises to bring real change in the region.
All other speakers spoke at length about tremendous possibilities in northeast India and unequivocally agreed on the need for a radical shift in the direction of building an ecosystem wherein rural innovators are provided with pre-incubation and incubation support by both the organisations as part of the MoU.
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 28
- BTS: ‘Permission to dance on stage’ after 2 years & ARMY can’t keep calm!
- Assam government to explore commercialisation of spices
- North Korea fires short-range missile to sea in latest test
- Taliban issue no-shave order to barbers in Afghan province
- India records 18,795 new COVID-19 cases, 179 more deaths