Hailakandi: Police seized a huge quantity of cough syrup worth Rs 2 crore from a truck in Assam’s Karimganj district on Sunday, a senior police officer said.
The driver has been arrested.
The cough syrup bottles were packed in 250 cartons in the Agartala-bound vehicle which was loaded with pears, said Border DSP of Karimganj Pratap Das.
The truck was intercepted by the police in the Churaibari area.
The driver identified as one Bablu Pandey of North 24 Parganas of West Bengal has been arrested, said the officer-in-charge of Churaibari Police Station Mintu Seal.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal