Guwahati: Olympic bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain was presented with a new car by a French automobile company on Friday.
A senior official of the firm handed over the keys of Renault Kiger to the pugilist during her brief visit to the city, a statement here said.
“Hailing from a village in Golaghat district in Assam, Lovlina Borgohain not only ‘punched’ her way into the hearts of the entire nation but with her dedication and commitment, she also became an inspiration for other athletes. Her journey find resonance with a billion Indians who aspire to break out of their humble backgrounds,” it added.
- More boys with cancer being diagnosed than girls in India: Lancet study
- BJP got Rs 614.53 cr as contributions in 2021-22, Congress Rs 95.46 cr
- Six common COVID myths, busted
- India, B’desh pledge to work together to curb terrorism as Indian envoy meets PM Hasina
- India, Australia free trade agreement to come into force from Dec 29
- FIFA World Cup 2022: Fixtures and schedule today, December 1