Guwahati: Olympic bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain was presented with a new car by a French automobile company on Friday.
A senior official of the firm handed over the keys of Renault Kiger to the pugilist during her brief visit to the city, a statement here said.
“Hailing from a village in Golaghat district in Assam, Lovlina Borgohain not only ‘punched’ her way into the hearts of the entire nation but with her dedication and commitment, she also became an inspiration for other athletes. Her journey find resonance with a billion Indians who aspire to break out of their humble backgrounds,” it added.
- PM Modi congratulates Lalduhoma on taking oath as Mizoram CM
- Hornbill Festival continues even after winter rain lashes Kohima
- WB paddlers dominate Day 2 of Uni TT tournament in Guwahati
- Huge honour: Arunachal ranger Bunty Tao to lead Asian Rangers Forum
- Fake toll plaza in Gujarat collects over Rs 75 crore
- Adoption process must be fast-tracked: Tripura Minister