Guwahati: Olympic bronze medallist Lovlina Borgohain was presented with a new car by a French automobile company on Friday.
A senior official of the firm handed over the keys of Renault Kiger to the pugilist during her brief visit to the city, a statement here said.
“Hailing from a village in Golaghat district in Assam, Lovlina Borgohain not only ‘punched’ her way into the hearts of the entire nation but with her dedication and commitment, she also became an inspiration for other athletes. Her journey find resonance with a billion Indians who aspire to break out of their humble backgrounds,” it added.
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC
- Nagaland: Hand over derelict shopping complex to entrepreneurs, says RPP
- A megacomet is headed towards our solar system. Should we be worried?
- Two girls gang raped inside cyber cafe in UP
- BJP VP Ghosh wants Bhabanipur by-poll deferred after being heckled