Golaghat (Assam): A senior official of Numaligarh Refinery Ltd (NRL) in Assam‘s Golaghat district was arrested on Friday for allegedly molesting a junior colleague, a police officer said.
He was apprehended in Guwahati on Thursday night by a police team from Golaghat and taken into custody the morning after.
The accused tested positive for COVID-19 during a routine health check-up and was subsequently moved to the isolation ward of Golaghat Civil Hospital, the police officer said.
The senior NRL official has been arrested on the charge of molesting a female colleague. The woman had filed the case in Golaghat a couple of days ago, he added.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19