Morigaon (Assam): At least 200 people were taken ill due to food poisoning after consuming ‘prasad’ at a religious function in the Hojai district of Assam, officials said on Thursday.
Some of the patients have been admitted to hospital in Hojai and Nagaon towns, they said.
Over 200 people, including women and children, had consumed ‘prasad’ (religious offering) and other eatables at the event in Ward 7 of Lanka town on Tuesday, the officials said.
All of them complained of fever and vomiting from Wednesday.
“Some people went to Hojai and Nagaon for better treatment in private hospitals. So far, no one has been seriously ill and we are monitoring the situation,” an official said.
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence
- One Family, One Entrepreneur scheme launched in Sikkim: CM Golay
- BSF hands over 13-year-old Bangladeshi boy to BGB in a goodwill gesture
- FIFA-approved Bhaichung Stadium set for inauguration on October 20
- OIL gets 25 blocks under Open Acreage Licensing Policy: OIL chief
- The Last Mughal: A requiem for the last ‘King’ & the first war for ‘Freedom’