Guwahati: On completion of 100 days of Himanta Biswa-led Assam government, the Assam Cabinet has given green signal for replacement of diesel-run city buses in Guwahati with electric and CNG buses.
The government will purchase a total of 200 electric buses and 100 CNG buses, which will eventually replace ASTC’s diesel-run city buses.
The announcement was made by Assam chief minister Himanta Biswa Sarma in Guwahati on Friday. “Assam Government is planning to replace present city buses in Guwahati with electric and CNG buses only,” said Sarma.
“There are plans to purchase 200 electric buses and 100 CNG buses. ASTC city buses will cease to operate diesel-run city buses. Our goal is to completely replace diesel-run buses with electric and CNG buses in Guwahati by the day this government completes one year,” he added.
CM Sarma informed that the replacement process will be completed within six months to one year.
- PM Modi turns 71: Here’s how Nagaland celebrated
- Leaders of Lanka, Nepal wish PM Modi on his 71st birthday
- Daily COVID-19 vaccination crosses 1-crore mark for the fourth time
- India’s 61st Software Technology park centre opened in Nagaland
- How 35 people in Assam’s Udalguri came together to create a man-made forest
- Mizoram extends COVID-19 restrictions amid grim situation