Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma on Wednesday asked the Golaghat district administration to deploy officials for door-to-door inoculation.
Reviewing the COVID situation in the district, he asked Deputy Commissioner Mrigesh Narayan Baruah and health officials to set the target of inoculating at least 10,000 people per day.
He also asked the district authorities to lay special focus on tea gardens, Anganwadi centres and elementary schools for providing piped water connections under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
He directed the PWD (Roads) Department to undertake the four-laning of the road from Dergaon to Golaghat. Sarma asked the PWD (Buildings) Department to prepare a blueprint for establishing sports complexes in Dergaon and Sarupathar constituencies in the district.
He also asked the deputy commissioner to select land for establishing a medical college in the district.
Also read: Suspend those behind killing of ex-HNLC militant: NGOs to Meghalaya govt
- After text messages on phone, extreme weather alerts on TV, radio soon
- Global study highlights importance of moss to Earth’s ecosystems
- Indian-origin man jailed for defrauding property buyers in UK
- With people speaking ‘their truth’, how do we know what the truth is?
- India does not believe in partnering in military alliances: Dy NSA Vikram Misri
- 3 Chinese astronauts return home safely after a six-month stint in space station