Guwahati: Assam‘s COVID-19 death toll increased to 5,451 as 17 more people succumbed to the disease on Thursday, while 935 fresh cases pushed the tally to 5,77,970, a National Health Mission (NHM) bulletin said.
The COVID-19 deaths were reported from Jorhat (3), two each from Cachar, Kamrup Metro and Lakhimpur and one each from Baksa, Dhemaji, Dibrugarh, Goalpara, Golaghat, Hojai, Kamrup Rural and Nagaon districts.
The current COVID-19 death rate in the state is 0.94 per cent.
The new COVID-19 cases detected during the day include, among others, 163 from Kamrup Metro, 81 from Barpeta, 59 from Golaghat and 58 from Jorhat.
The new COVID-19 cases were detected out of 1,11,728 tests conducted on Thursday with the daily positivity rate at 0.84 per cent while the cumulative tests conducted in the state so far has crossed two crore with the total at 2,00,64,263
At least 1,310 more COVID-19 patients were discharged during the day, taking the total number of recoveries 5,62,092.
The COVID-19 recovery rate in the state now is 97.25 per cent.
The cumulative total beneficiaries vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccines in the state so far is 1,32,47,156 which include 1,09,11,643 receiving the first dose and 23,35,513 the second dose, the bulletin added.
- Afghan talks focus on aid, women’s rights as hunger grows
- Biden to meet Qatar leader as energy worries loom in Europe
- Diplomacy, prayers: Things to know about the Ukraine crisis
- Mizoram logs 1,756 new Covid-19 cases, 4 deaths
- Mizoram making massive efforts to control drug menace: Guv in R-Day speech
- Assam: Paragliding accident at Tinsukia resort claims one life