Diphu (Assam): A couple hailing from Nagaland was arrested and heroin worth Rs 6 crore seized from their possession in Assam’s West Karbi Anglong district on Friday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted a car at Lahorijan in Khatkhati police station area and seized 150 packets of the contraband weighing over 2 kg concealed inside a blanket, an officer said.
The duo was allegedly bringing the drugs to Assam from Dimapur in Nagaland, he added.
The two not-so-popular check gates along the Assam-Nagaland border – the Dillai check gate and the other after crossing the Nagaland‘s New Field check gate, are the prime routes through which drug transmission occurs towards mainland India.
The Assam police, manning both the check gates, have been delivering severe damages to the drug cartels passing through these two check gates.
- Exporters say key buyer Iran not lifting Indian tea
- The era of megalopolis: how the world’s cities are merging
- More boys with cancer being diagnosed than girls in India: Lancet study
- BJP got Rs 614.53 cr as contributions in 2021-22, Congress Rs 95.46 cr
- Six common COVID myths, busted
- India, B’desh pledge to work together to curb terrorism as Indian envoy meets PM Hasina