Diphu (Assam): A couple hailing from Nagaland was arrested and heroin worth Rs 6 crore seized from their possession in Assam’s West Karbi Anglong district on Friday, police said.
Acting on a tip-off, police intercepted a car at Lahorijan in Khatkhati police station area and seized 150 packets of the contraband weighing over 2 kg concealed inside a blanket, an officer said.
The duo was allegedly bringing the drugs to Assam from Dimapur in Nagaland, he added.
The two not-so-popular check gates along the Assam-Nagaland border – the Dillai check gate and the other after crossing the Nagaland‘s New Field check gate, are the prime routes through which drug transmission occurs towards mainland India.
The Assam police, manning both the check gates, have been delivering severe damages to the drug cartels passing through these two check gates.
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31
- Manipur: Two suspects arrested in Athuan Abonmai murder case
- Kanhaiya Kumar joins Congress
- Carelessness? 30 test COVID-19 positive at Sikkim nursing college