Nagaon: A 10-year old girl was allegedly raped by a minor boy in Assam‘s Hojai district, police said on Wednesday.
The boy, 14, lured the girl to a nearby forest and repeatedly raped her recently and abandoned her there, they said.
The family members of the minor had first approached the village headman and later filed a police complaint.
The accused was picked up by the police on Tuesday and the girl was sent for medical examination.
Police have registered a case under relevant sections of the IPC and the POCSO Act.
The Nagaon Juvenile Court directed that the boy be sent to Jorhat Juvenile Home.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands