Tinsukia: Four militants belonging to the National Socialist Council of Nagalim (NSCN-KYA) have been arrested by a joint team of Assam Police and Assam Rifles near the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border in Tinsukia district leading to recovery of assault rifles and other weapons in follow-up operations.
The accused have been identified as Osa Gangsa, Pumla Pansa, Panglang Gangsa and Jangang Patadam.
According to a police source, acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Assam Police and 19 AR personnel was launched to carry out an operation in the Tinkopani reserve forest area on Monday night. “On Tuesday, security forces intercepted four militants and nabbed them,” the source said.
“During interrogation, they told us about a place where some arms and ammunition were concealed,” the source said, adding: “Another operation was launched which led to recovery of a cache of arms and ammunition.”
Sources said that the recoveries include three MQ 81 assault rifles, 294 live rounds, seven magazines, three mobile phones and other camp materials.
Earlier, on August 5, a joint team of Arunachal police and Assam Rifles nabbed one militant of the NSCN-KYA from Changlang district and recovered rifles and other weapons.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art