During the meeting, Sarma apprised the prime minister about the development work being initiated in Assam and the action taken against drug smuggling.
“Today I called on Adarniya PM Sri @narendramodi to apprise him on how our government has been working to steer & scale up Assam’s development journey as envisioned by him. Also briefed him about Bodo peace process, our war against drugs & implementation of various central schemes,” he tweeted.
The chief minister, along with several BJP MPs from Assam, also met Minister for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) G Kishan Reddy.
“Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam, Shri @himantabiswa, along with Hon’ble MPs from the State called on the Hon’ble Minister Sri @kishanreddybjp at New Delhi, today. Hon’ble Minister held deliberations on various matters with the delegation led by Hon CM,” Reddy’s office tweeted.
- Meghalaya 2023: Busiest day in Garo Hills on day 4 of nominations
- No proposal to use remote voting machine in “upcoming election” in country: Rijiju in LS
- Tripura 2023: LF-Cong alliance has no mission or vision, says Bengal LoP
- ‘Immigrant’ Row: Sikkim CM’s effigies burnt, SDF calls for shutdown
- Fee payment delay: Gauhati HC sets aside notice declaring students ‘non-collegiate’
- Tripura Polls: Union Minister Pratima Bhoumik holds campaign in Dhanpur