During the meeting, Sarma apprised the prime minister about the development work being initiated in Assam and the action taken against drug smuggling.
“Today I called on Adarniya PM Sri @narendramodi to apprise him on how our government has been working to steer & scale up Assam’s development journey as envisioned by him. Also briefed him about Bodo peace process, our war against drugs & implementation of various central schemes,” he tweeted.
The chief minister, along with several BJP MPs from Assam, also met Minister for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) G Kishan Reddy.
“Hon’ble Chief Minister of Assam, Shri @himantabiswa, along with Hon’ble MPs from the State called on the Hon’ble Minister Sri @kishanreddybjp at New Delhi, today. Hon’ble Minister held deliberations on various matters with the delegation led by Hon CM,” Reddy’s office tweeted.
- Experts identify 63 Australian animals likely to go extinct by 2041
- Pakistan’s ex-PM Imran Khan calls for march to Islamabad on May 25
- Ethnic poverty: dividing and excluding people keeps them poor
- Lankan court extends travel ban on ex governor of Central Bank of Sri Lanka
- The Johnny Depp-Amber Heard trial shows the dangers of fan culture
- Beijing bristles at Biden’s ‘yes’ for US military intervention if China invades Taiwan