Dhubri: Five of the 10 Bangladeshi nationals, who were apprehended when they were attempting to illegally enter India through Coochbehar district of West Bengal, have been handed over to Border Guard Bangladesh as a goodwill gesture, BSF officials said on Sunday.
The five Bangladeshis were handed over to the BGB after proper verification on Saturday evening, they said.
The 10 Bangladeshi nationals, including five children, four women and a man, were nabbed by the BSF’s 192nd Battalion under the Guwahati Frontier near Sabri border outpost in the district on Saturday.
The remaining five Bangladeshi nationals were handed over to the local police at Coochbehar for further legal action, the BSF officials added.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal