Guwahati: Assam reported 19 COVID-19 deaths while 1,275 new positive cases were detected, with the total cases in the state rising to 5,68,257 on Monday, the National Health Mission, Assam said.
The total death toll increased to 5,294. The number of active cases in the state stood at 11,082.
Four deaths were reported from Barpeta, three from Kamrup Metro, while Dibrugarh and Kamrup Rural reported two deaths each.
Bishwanath, Cachar, Chirang, Darrang, Golaghat, Hojai, Lakhimpur and Tinsukia reported one death each.
The number of COVID-19 positive patients dying due to other causes is 1,347.
The 1,275 new cases detected during the day, include among others 209 from Kamrup Metro, 106 from Golaghat, 90 from Dobrugarj and 69 from Kamrup Rural.
The new cases were detected out of 1,76,197 tests conducted today with the daily positivity rate at 0.72 percent while the cumulative tests conducted in the state so far is 1,88,98,430.
Meanwhile, 1,469 recovered patients were discharged during the day with the total recoveries rising to 5,50,534 and the current recovery rate is 96.88 per cent.
The cumulative total beneficiaries vaccinated with COVID-19 vaccines in the state so far is 1,11,15,789 which include 91,29,299 receiving the first dose and 19,87,490 the second dose.
- Bengaluru FC beat gritty Army Green 3-2 to enter Durand Cup semifinals
- Assam claims PFI behind police-peasant conflict in Sipajhar
- Arunachal will benefit most from oil palm cultivation: Khandu
- Legislature needs to revisit laws to suit ‘practical realities’: CJI
- Cong questions Shah’s silence over Assam border row, Sipajhar
- Under Taliban, thriving Afghan music scene heads to silence