The CM said that we have decided to lift the ban on inter-district travel from August 16, under which passenger vehicles will be allowed to travel.
Further, total curfew from all districts of Assam will also be lifted.
However, in Lakhimpur and Golaghat districts, lockdown will be imposed from 2 pm to 5 am. Shops and business establishments will be allowed to stay open till 1 pm. Elsewhere the curfew will be from 5 pm to 5 am.
Sarma also said that his government has decided to re-open schools from September 2.
Details of the new SOP include:
- There will be no round the clock curfew in the State. However, as the positivity rate became moderate in the 2 districts viz. Golaghat and Lakhimpur, the partial curfew time in these districts will be from 2 PM to 5 AM and in the rest of the districts, the curfew will be from 5 PM to 5 AM
- All work places, business/commercial establishments, dine-in restaurants, hotels, resorts, dhabas and other eateries, takeaway of food items from restaurants/dhabas and other eateries, opening of sale counters, showrooms etc. of cold storages and warehouses will be up to 1 PM in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts and up to 4 PM in rest of the districts.
- The shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder will be open up to 5 PM in Golaghat and Lakhimpur districts and up to 4 PM in the rest of the districts.
- All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended. However, movement of goods shall continue.
- All public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
- Public gathering is allowed up to 10 persons for marriage or funeral programme.
- Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
- Excise authority will take strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts.
- Further, regarding restrictions on inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts, need based conduct of offline classes in some premier institutions, re-opening of religious places and state protected monuments & sites etc. decision will be considered after August 07,
2021 depending on the progression of reduction in case load.
- Other restrictions including odd-even formula for plying of vehicles, declaration of containment zones etc. and exemptions as notified in the order of July 27, 2021 shall continue to remain in force except those specifically modified by this order.
- Assam: Forces posted at Indo-Bhutan border sensitised on wildlife crime
- Pol party seeks removal of ‘non-indigenous’ Gaon Bura in Dimapur
- Merge TIPRA with Congress, lead the party: Tripura MLA to Pradyot Debbarman
- Assam: Major earthquake jolts Guwahati
- Nagaland: NCC girls’ band representing NE for R-Day 2024 begins practice
- Mizoram: Guv inaugurates Raj Bhavan’s first-ever Gandhi Jayanti exhibition