Guwahati: After the violent face-off at Assam-Mizoram border, while Assam Police defended the “constitutional boundary” of the state, there is a word of war going on on Twitter claiming Assam shot first (#assamshotfirstmizoram).
According to officials, at least five Assam Police personnel were killed and more than 60 people injured, including an SP, in a sudden escalation of the border dispute between the two northeastern states.
However, a section of netizens are claiming that Assam Police personnel illegally entered Vairengte and tried to wreak havoc in the area.
Some have also called it the ‘China’ of Northeast, and went on to blame that if the state has a problem with everyone, that the problem must be the state itself.
Let’s take a look at some tweets with #assamshotfirstmizoram:
Also Read | Assam-Mizoram border tense; Guwahati announces 3-day mourning
- Bhabanipur bypoll: Man arrested for spreading communal WhatsApp texts
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister
- Kashmiri tycoon Sahil Zaroo in jail for ‘raping’ NE girl, bail hearing today
- Twitterati take farmers’ protest online, urge UN to intervene