Guwahati: After observing improvement in the COVID-19 situation in Jorhat, Sonitpur and Biswanath districts, Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has revoked full containment zone order, and ordered curfew from 2 pm to 5 am in these districts.
According to the revised Standard Operating Protocol (SOP) issued on Tuesday, complete curfew remains imposed in Golaghat and Lakhimpur district owing to high COVID-19 positivity rate.
These directives are effective from 5 am on Wednesday until further orders.
Check the complete details of the new SOP below:
A. Containment Zones:
In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches more than 10 cases in the last seven days, the jurisdictional District Magistrate will notify such areas as total containment zones in consultation with MD, NHM and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19.
However, in such zones, emergency services will continue round the clock and essential services including shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, etc will remain open upto 5 PM. Delivery of all essential goods including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipments through e-commerce in such areas will continue round the clock.
B. Restrictions imposed:
- Round the clock curfew in Golaghat and Lakhimpur. Everything remains closed, except for shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder which can operate upto 5 pm.
- Curfew from 2 pm to 5 am in Goalpara, Morigaon, Jorhat, Sonitpur, Biswanath. Everything allowed to open till 1 pm, except for shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder which can operate upto 5 pm.
- Curfew from 5 pm to 5 am in Dhubri, Kamrup (M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West KArbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaideo, Hailakandi, Dibrugarh, Sivasagar, Kokrajhar, Barpeta, Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darang, Nagaon, Hojai, Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong. Everything allowed to open till 4 pm.
C. Other restrictions and relaxations:
All Government servants (including contractual and fixed pay) who have taken atleast one dose of COVID-19 vaccine shall attend office except in total containment areas. Private sector entities may take their own decision about attendance of their employees on this account.
Employees who have not taken vaccine will have to attend office as and when their services are required by respective authorities.
Employees engaged in emergency/ essential services shall attend their duty without any restrictions at any place.
The organizations (Government/ Private) rendering Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work will continue working without any restrictions in all districts.
Pregnant women employees and women with children of 5 years or below working under any Government/ PSU/ Financial Institutions/ Private Organizations irrespective of their grade shall be eligible to work from home.
Persons with disabilities (PwDs) working in any Government/PSU/ Financial Institutions/Private organizations shall be exempted from attending duties in consonance with the O.M No.11013/9/2014/Estt.(A.lll) dated 1st April, 2020 issued by DoPT, Gol. However, they may be encouraged to work from home.
D. Public Transport (Government and Private):
- There will be a total ban on movement of all public and private transport in the total containment districts. However, movement of goods shall continue.
- In other districts: All Public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behavior and seating inside the vehicles, carriers, containers etc.
Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers maintaining social distancing.
Pillion riding will be totally prohibited in two wheelers, except with women and children.
Intra-district transport, with 50% seating capacity and observance of COVID appropriate behaviour, may be allowed.
All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
Wearing of face mask is mandatory even for a single person driving a vehicle. In case of persons travelling in any private car, up to 100 % of its seating capacity, wearing of face mask is mandatory for all the persons.
- Assam: AIUDF chief challenges stereotyping of Muslims in state
- Sikkim: Ruling SKM protests SC’s ‘Nepali immigrant’ verdict
- Tripura polls: BJP’s key poll plank will be development, says Assam CM
- Khelo India Youth Games to commence in Madhya Pradesh
- Go Green: Nagaland bride shuns flower waste for organic veggies
- Gandhi’s image is under scrutiny 75 years after his assassination