Access to adequate healthcare infrastructure remains a distant dream for most people living in the remote corners of Assam. On Friday, a pregnant woman in labour struggled to reach the hospital due to the unavailability of transport in the Ghunasuti area in Assam’s Lakhimpur district.
WATCH VIDEO HERE:
The family members of the pregnant woman had to get her across the river on a dinghy and then on a horse-cart to get her admitted to the Lakhimpur district civil hospital.
About 10 kilometres from Lakhimpur town, the residents of Ghunasuti village still depend on dinghies and horse-carts to carry their patients to the hospital as there are no other means of transportation available for them.
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance
- Vishwakarma Puja: Ancient marvels designed by the divine architect
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19