Guwahati: Assam‘s COVID-19 caseload mounted to 5,49,080 on Monday as 1,797 people tested positive for the infection while 20 fresh fatalities pushed the coronavirus death toll of the northeastern state to 5,019, the National Health Mission bulletin said.
Kamrup Metro district reported the highest number of cases at 237, followed by Golaghat (230), Dibrugarh (115), and Jorhat (113).
Of the 20 fatalities, four deaths each were reported from Golaghat and Sonitpur and two from Goalpara.
Barpeta, Cachar, Charaideo, Darrang, Dhemaji, Jorhat, Karbi Anglong, Karimganj, Nagaon, and Sivasagar reported one death each.
The current death rate is 0.91 percent and the number of COVID-19 positive patients dying due of other causes is 1,347.
The state now has 16,107 active cases, and 5,26,607 patients have recovered from the infection, including 2,138 in the last 24 hours.
The new COVID-19 cases were detected out of 1,52,771 tests conducted during the day.
A total of 1,71,33, 089 samples have been tested for COVID-19 in Assam thus far.
So far 89,24,857 people have been vaccinated against COVID-19 in Assam, of whom 15,55,855 have received both doses.
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race