Announcing new Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for COVID-19 management in Assam, health minister Keshab Mahanta on Monday said five districts will remain under total lockdown in view of little improvement in the COVID-19 situation.
Health minister Mahanata said five districts, where the total containment will remain effective for another week from 5 am of July 20, include Jorhat, Golaghat, Biswanath, Sonitpur and Lakhimpur. However, curfew has been relaxed till 1 pm in Morigaon and Goalpara districts, which saw an improvement in the COVID-19 positivity rate.
While curfew has been relaxed till 5 pm in the other 26 districts of Assam, there is no change in timing of curfew in Guwahati.
According to the new SOP released by the Assam government, all air and railway passengers even if vaccinated, will have to undergo mandatory testing for COVID-19 before entering the state. Those travelling to other northeastern states will also have to follow this protocol.
The revised and consolidated directive, issued by the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) both for both rural and urban areas, will remain in force until further notice.
Check details here:
- There will be total containment in 5 districts showing high positivity rate in recent days and these are Golaghat, Jorhat, Lakitimpur, Sonitpur and Biswanath districts.
- The curfew in these districts will be round the clock. However, in the districts showing moderate positivity rate including Goalpara and Morigaon districts, it will be from 1 pm to 5 am.
- The curfew will remain effective from 5 pm to 5 am in the districts showing improvement in positivity and caseload, including Dhubri, Kamrup (M), South Salmara, Majuli, Bongaigaon, Chirang, Udalguri, West Karbi Anglong, Dima Hasao, Charaideo, Hailakandi, Dibrugarh, Sivasagar, Kokrajhar and Barpeta.
- The other districts, where curfew will remain effective from 5 pm to 5 am, are Nalbari, Baksa, Bajali, Kamrup, Darrang, Nagaon, Hojai Tinsukia, Dhemaji, Cachar, Karimganj and Karbi Anglong.
- All work places, business/commercial establishments and shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder, restaurants, dhabas and other eateries, sale counters and showrooms of cold storages and warehouses will be closed till further order in districts showing high positivity rate.
- These will remain open up to 12 noon in districts showing moderate positivity rate and up to 4 pm in districts showing improvement in positivity rate.
- There will be a total ban on movement of all public and private transport in the total containment districts. However, movement of goods shall continue.
- In other districts, all public transport authorities shall enforce COVID-19 appropriate behaviour and seating inside the vehicles, carriers and containers.
- All inter-district passenger transport services and movement of people to and from other districts shall remain suspended.
- Public gathering is banned in total containment districts. In other districts, up to 10 persons are allowed for marriage or funeral programme.
- Wearing of face mask is compulsory in all public places.
- Regarding celebration of Eid, all persons are to celebrate in front of their home.
- Namaz at mosque is allowed with only 5 persons including the religious head.
- Excise authority to take strong action against illegal production and sale of country liquor in all the districts.
- Other restrictions including odd-even formula for plying of vehicles and declaration of containment zones and exemptions as notified in the order of July 6, 2021 shall continue to remain in three except those specifically modified by the order.
Download the order here or read below: