Dibrugarh: The Assam Medical College & Hospital and Yuvraj Singh Foundation have signed a Memorandum of Understanding to set up a 100-bedded paediatric ICU to boost critical care treatment for children amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Yuvraj Singh Foundation will provide 50 beds in the first instalment, AMCH principal-cum-chief superintendent Sanjeeb Kakati said.
Out of the 100 beds in the paediatric ICU to be set up in association with Yuvraj Singh Foundation, 20 will be full-fledged ventilation units, he added.
- Tokyo logs record 5,042 new COVID-19 cases as infections surge amid Olympic Games
- Arunachal: Centre okays memorial for jawan who killed 79 Chinese soldiers in 1962 war
- Assam Gorkhas won’t be tried and prosecuted under the Citizenship Act
- Nagaland Assembly concerned over school ‘occupied’ by Assam Police 14 yrs ago
- Allegations of snooping serious, if correct: SC on Pegasus row
- Mirabai Chanu rewards truckers who gave her free lifts during training days